Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Never Give Up, Wishes Do Come True!


Cowgirl Tuff Company teams up in a big way with Western Wishes.  Times are TUFF and Cowgirl TUFF gives back simply by standing behind their core values and how they can help make a difference.   If you haven’t heard it before, their slogan “Even though you have been bucked, kicked, bit and stomped, Never Give Up,” applies to so many things in life that people can truly relate to.  Whether it be education, winning a competition, driving towards goals in life or pushing through the TUFFEST times in life; it encompasses it all.   Western Wishes is about making dreams come true for kids with life threatening illnesses who believe being TUFF and NEVER GIVING UP is what life is all about.   

Lisa Bollin, Founder and Designer, explains “The values of the company and what we stand for are very important to me.  The slogan came to me one night after traveling many miles to sell retail at yet another event trying to make ends meet.  I had left my husband and young daughter at home and was wondering how much longer I could keep this up.  While sitting on an old beaten up chair during the late hours of the evening, a feeling of relief and reassurance came over me telling me I am almost there and to Never Give Up.  That was almost seven years ago now.  Now looking back, it was such a huge stepping stone in my life.  I have my loving family by my side and never gave up on my dream.   These words are such a huge part of my life and what I believe in and now it is time for me to inspire others.” 

By teaming up with Western Wishes, Bollin and Cowgirl Tuff feel it is a definite way to pay it forward.  Messages are sent in almost daily from individuals stating how the Cowgirl Tuff name and what they stand for makes an impact in their life (check out their website for videos and other inspirational stories.) By teaming up, this is just another way to help make a difference for kids in need and to help brighten a TUFF day by having a wish come true.   

Cowgirl Tuff has helped and continues to help fundraise for Western Events by donating clothes and holding auctions to help raise money.  While contributing has helped make wishes come true in the past, they want to go above and beyond this year.  This Fall Cowgirl Tuff introduced a new jean, “Wing & A Prayer,” to help make a bigger impact.  For every “Wing & A Prayer” jean purchased, $5 will be donated to Western Wishes.  Yes, that’s right, by simply purchasing a jean you love at regular price, you are helping donate to a great cause. 


Cowgirl Tuff’s “Wing & A Prayer” jean are currentlly available in RCC Western Stores and at http://www.rccwesternstores.com/.   

Since 1994 Western Wishes has been making dreams come true.  To learn more about Western Wishes and how you can help make a difference, visit www.westernwishes.org 

No comments:

Post a Comment